Back pain and injuries are common occurrences and often the cause of the pain is a herniated or ruptured disc. Although many people seek quick relief from this common spinal problem through surgeries and drugs, a herniated disc chiropractor offers less invasive treatment options.
What is a Herniated Disc?
Table of Contents
Discs are all along the spinal column. They consist of an outer hard covering that protects a softer inner tissue. The inner disc tissue acts as somewhat of a shock absorber for the spine.
When there are tiny tears or perforations in the outer disc covering, the soft inner tissue squeezes out past the outer covering resulting in herniation or disc rupture.
The most common place for a herniated disc to occur is in the lower back, although they can happen anywhere along the spine.
The condition can be extremely painful depending on where the injured disc is located.
Symptoms of a Herniated Disc
- Pain in the area of herniation. Pain in the back or neck or pain radiating to other parts of the body
- Numbness or tingling. Can be a sign that the nerve is being compressed and is not functioning properly
- Weakness in the affected area. A herniated disc can put pressure on a nerve and cause muscle weakness. This can make it difficult to perform everyday tasks, such as lifting objects or standing for long periods of time.
- Reduced range of motion. A herniated disc can also limit your range of motion, making it difficult to move your neck, back, arms or legs without pain.
- Difficulty standing, walking, sitting or maintaining balance. Depending on the location of the herniated disc, it makes it difficult to work or engage in other activities.
- Muscle spasms. These can occur when the muscles surrounding the affected area try to protect it from further injury. The spasms can be painful and may make it difficult to move or perform everyday tasks.
It’s important to note that someone may not experience all of these symptoms or none at all. If you suspect you have a herniated disc, it’s best to seek a professional assessment for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan.
Herniated Disc Chiropractor for Back Pain Relief
People suffering from herniated disc issues have alternative treatment options besides traditional surgery. A possible cause of herniated discs is misalignment of the spine that places undue strain on the spinal column discs.
Herniated Disc Chiropractors are specially trained to bring the body’s skeletal frame back into proper alignment. These alignment methods provide pain relief while a healthy body conducts its own special healing protocols on the herniated disc.
Chiropractic Adjustment for Herniated Disc
Herniated Disc Chiropractor Dr. Kris, chiropractor for low back pain uses a multi-pronged approach for the chiropractic adjustment for herniated disc.
His personalized assessment and treatment plan helps to relieve herniated disc problems through manual adjustments and if required, spinal decompression and y-strap adjustments.
Spinal Decompression, Y-Axis Traction and Vibration Machines
Along with Physiotherapy, Registered Massage Therapy and Chiropractic Services, Core Wellness Centre offers Spinal Decompression, Y-Axis Traction and Vibration Machines. Read more about spinal decompression therapy here.
Can a Chiropractor Help With a Herniated Disc
When it comes to treating your herniated disc or other back pain, chiropractic treatment and physiotherapy may be the solution for you.
Dr. Kris is a professional in chiropractic spinal health along with the team at Core Wellness Centre to help relieve your pain. A herniated disc causes pain and can affect your quality of life if left untreated.
Chiropractic treatment for herniated discs can improve your range of motion and offer pain relief.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.