Did you know that a car accident that happens at only 10 km per hour can cause permanent spinal damage?
After suffering a car accident, the most common symptom is whiplash neck pain caused by rear end collisions.
Your neck moves backward and then forward quickly which causes the loss of the curvature of the neck.
This immediately increases the possibility of developing arthritis, and back problems and spinal injuries can also start here as well.
Don’t suffer From Neck Pain or Whiplash – We Can Help
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Table of Contents
- 1 Don’t suffer From Neck Pain or Whiplash – We Can HelpSchedule Your Appointment Today
- 2 Call us on (416) 479 – 8311
- 3 How Does Whiplash Injury Occur?
- 4 What To Do After Whiplash From A Car Accident
- 5 Benefits of chiropractic care for car accident injuries
- 6 Car Accident Neck Pain Treatment With Chiropractic Care
- 7 Don’t suffer Anymore Neck Pain – We Can HelpSchedule Your Appointment Today
- 8 Call us on (416) 479 – 8311
Call us on (416) 479 – 8311
How Does Whiplash Injury Occur?
The level of severity of injury can depend on many things, for example:
- The impact speed of the cars travelling
- The type of car involved in the collision
- If the accident is by surprise or if you had seen the vehicle coming before the impact in the rear view mirror, giving you more time to “get ready”
- If you are wearing a seat belt or not
- If you had a headrest behind your head or not
In the majority of car crashes, the person involved is in a state of shock and pain occurs hours or even days after the accident that progressively gets worse. This is because the shock damaged the muscles, ligaments, discs and nerves. In the majority of cases, the patient suffers damage to the curvature of the spine, which sometimes is observed by x-ray even immediately after the accident.
The consequences of the impact can vary from very little discomfort to a fractured vertebrae of the neck in serious cases.
What To Do After Whiplash From A Car Accident
The symptoms of whiplash are a pain in neck and stiffness, headaches, back pain, sensation of tingling (on the face, chest, arms or hands), anxiety, dizziness, hearing loss or double vision, irritability, changes in memory, fatigue and sleep difficulties.
Chiropractic treatment is a safe and effective therapy which restores the misalignment of the spine after having suffered a car accident. With treatment the patient reports less suffering of physical and psychological symptoms after the accident.
Benefits of chiropractic care for car accident injuries
Many studies have also found that car accident victims prefer chiropractic therapy that includes massage and chiropractic treatment of injuries.
1. This helps Personal injury insurance settlement claims
2. Chiropractic treatment is effective even for severe whiplash and soft tissue damage
3. Chiropractic care helps reduce chronic symptoms
4. Chiropractic adjustments speed up recovery
5. Therapeutic massage is also useful to restore movement lost after a car accident
Car Accident Neck Pain Treatment With Chiropractic Care
If you have been in a car accident visit your local chiropractor. Chiropractic treatment for neck pain after a car accident can allow you to carry out daily activities with minimum stress on the body.
Here at Core Wellness Centre, Dr. Kris Dorken has in house x-ray, uses a very gentle approach to chiropractic care and treats every patient on an individual basis.