On a peaceful night with a nice deep sleep, the subconscious can weave beautiful, elaborate dreams. Come morning, one can wake up feeling refreshed and invigorated and ready to take on the day. A night full of snoring, however, can interrupt the sleeping patterns and make one feel tired even on a full night of sleep. Add to that a partner who has their sleep interrupted and there needs to be ways to find a remedy fast.
Why Do We Snore?
Snoring occurs when the soft muscle structures of the upper airway vibrate irregularly and constrict the airways. The resulting ‘snoring’, which ranges from mild to severe, is a sign that your airway may be partially blocked.
From people that snore loudly, about half of them have sleep apnea. This happens when the tissue in the back of the throat collapses and blocks the entire airway, so that air cannot get into the lungs. When the muscles inside the throat relax when sleeping, gravity can cause the tongue to fall back and block the airways. This can occur a few times a night or even several hundred.
If snoring occurs on an occasional basis, there are easy and practical solutions to follow or see a chiropractor for snoring . A person may be congested due to allergies or colds blocking the nasal cavity. Unhealthy eating habits that lead to weight gain, smoking or drinking alcohol and other substance abuse can lead to heavy snoring.
The following natural remedies can improve snoring caused by temporary factors:
- Exercise that can firm up the muscles found in the neck and throat region
- Change the sleeping posture from the back to the side. Sleeping flat on one’s back may cause the tongue to fall back into the throat thus constricting the air passage
- Exercise to lose weight and to burn the fatty tissue around the neck area to prevent constriction of airway and for general well-being
- Sleeping with more pillows can help lift the head up to clear the air passage
- Alcohol and sedative avoidance to help relax the soft muscles in the throat
- Stop smoking as it unduly causes congestion of the nasal cavity and airway
- Allergens that are nesting in pillows, bed and room that cause allergies can be eliminated by changing pillows and washing them regularly
- Hydrate the nose and soft palate by drinking more water to prevent the body fluids from getting stickier thus preventing congestion of the airway
Can going to a chiropractor stop snoring?
Another great option to help get to the root cause of snoring issues is to have the nerves checked out for any problems by a chiropractor. The muscles in the neck and throat area are controlled by the nerves exiting the skull, neck and back areas. If there is even a little interference, this can cause improper breathing and lead to snoring.
Need a chiropractor for snoring?
If you need more information to know if going to a chiropractor can stop snoring, or would like to have an assessment, give our office a call (416) 479-8311.
There are many benefits to stop snoring naturally; however, if snoring persists you may want to see a specialist or the Most recognized chiropractor Toronto.